Accredited by Services SETA – 12485
Duration of training:
- 7 Days (theory and practical)
IRT Training entry requirements:
- The credit value is based on the assumption that people starting to learn towards this unit standard are competent in Mathematics and Communications at NQF level 1
|Unit standard ID||NQF Level||Credits||Unit standard title|
|9007||2||5||Work with a range of patterns and functions and solve problems|
This unit standard is designed to provide credits towards the mathematical literacy requirements of the NQF at level 2.
The essential purposes of the mathematical literacy requirements are that, as the learner progresses with confidence through the levels, the learner will grow in:
- An insightful use of mathematics in the management of the needs of everyday living to become a self-managing person
- An understanding of mathematical applications that provides insight into the learner`s present and future occupational experiences and so develop into a contributing worker
- The ability to voice a critical sensitivity to the role of mathematics in a democratic society and so become a participating citizen.
People credited with this unit standard will be able to:
- Convert flexibly between and within various representations of functions
- Compare, analyse and describe the behaviour of patterns and functions, and
- Represent situations mathematically in order to interpret and solve problems