Accredited by merSETA – 17-QA/ACC/1327/17
Duration of training:
- 10 Days (theory and practical exposure)
IRT Training entry requirements:
- This unit standard has been designed as the start of a progression. It is one of a series of unit standards for maintaining and caring for equipment in the engineering skills area.
- The credits allocated to this unit standard assume that a learner has already learned to maintain a safe and productive work area, use engineering hand tools, power tools and measuring equipment.
|Unit standard ID||NQF Level||Credits||Unit standard title|
|13221||2||8||Perform routine maintenance|
The learning outcomes in this unit standard also contribute to the exit level outcomes required for the National Certificate in Engineering Fitting (NQF level 2) and related qualifications.
Qualifying learners can perform routine maintenance on machines and equipment to ensure operational integrity and includes cleaning, replenishing and lubricating.
- Plan and prepare for routine maintenance
- Monitor the condition of machinery and equipment
- Perform routine maintenance
- Apply quality checks on completed work
- Care for and store routine maintenance tools and equipment
- Report on machine and equipment condition
- Discuss and explain incidents and problems related to performing routine maintenance, and
- Work safely with due care for self, fellow workers, equipment, materials and the environment