Accredited by merSETA – 17-QA/ACC/1327/17
Duration of training:
- 3 Days (theory)
- 4 Days (practical exposure in business)
IRT Training entry requirements:
The credit calculation is based on the assumption that learners are already competent in terms of the full spectrum of language knowledge laid down in the NQF level 1 or revised National Curriculum Statements up to and including GETC.
- Listen for information and enjoyment and respond appropriately and critically in a wide range of situations, and
- Communicate confidently and effectively in spoken/signed language in a wide range of situations
|Unit standard ID||NQF Level||Credits||Unit standard title|
|119454||2||5||Maintain and adapt oral/signed communication|
Learners talk/sign confidently in both formal and informal contexts and /sign actively for ideas and information in interactions with other people.
They are aware of the way’s others speak/sign to influence listeners and audiences.
In conveying their ideas and information they select language and a register that is accessible to their audience and fit for their purpose.
- Use a variety of strategies to maintain communication
- Adapt language to accommodate socio-cultural sensitivities without losing own meaning
- Use knowledge of language structures and conventions to shape or decode meaning of unfamiliar vocabulary or constructions
- Organise and present information in a focused and coherent manner, and
- Identify and explain how speakers/signers influence audiences