Accredited by merSETA – 17-QA/ACC/1327/17
Duration of training:
- 4 Days (theory and practical exposure)
IRT Training entry requirements:
- Communication at NQF Level 1 or equivalent
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1 or equivalent
|Unit standard ID||NQF Level||Credits||Unit standard title|
|229995||2||3||Install, use and perform basic rescues from fall arrest systems and implement the fall protection plan|
Learners will be involved in performing tasks at height.
Qualifying learners are able to take responsibility for inspection and installation of fall arrest systems and for implementing fall protection plans and rescues.
- Explaining the use of a range of fall arrest equipment and knowledge of applicable regulations
- Explaining and using basic rope knots
- Installing and using fall arrest systems
- Inspecting and assembling fall arrest equipment and systems
- Interpreting and implementing a fall protection plan, and
- Performing basic fall arrest rescues to bring a casualty down to safety