Accredited by merSETA – 17-QA/ACC/1327/17
Duration of training:
- 5 Days (theory and practical exposure)
IRT Training entry requirements:
- Communication at NQF Level 1 or equivalent, and
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1 or equivalent.
|Unit standard ID||NQF Level||Credits||Unit standard title|
|259624||2||4||Control workplace hazards and risks|
Learners will be able to identify hazardous substances by product and company, the procedures required to handle them, the risks and dangers associated with hazardous substances and the methods of dealing with exposure to them.
They will also be able to explain the production, processing, use, storage, handing or transporting of hazardous substances, as well as dealing with compliance and non-compliance issues.
- Explaining the governance of workplace hazardous substances
- Explaining material safety data sheets (MSDS) for hazardous substances in the workplace
- Explaining risks associated with workplace hazardous substances, and
- Controlling workplace hazardous substances